TIPS FOR THE WEDDING 11/11/2011
On Destination Weddings
How many of us have gone out to explore the beauty of our country have said 'this place would be perfect for my wedding'? From Batangas, Puerto Azul, Tagaytay to Boracay, Plantacion Bay, the Pearl Farm, El Nido etc.. we all would love to have a great destination wedding, one that everybody will remember because its so nice, so unique but also so expensive. So what can be done to make it a little bit more feasible? I've made a small list of tips for those aspiring to have a dream destination wedding.
1. Plan ahead. Everything from expenses and logistics, everything needs to be ironed out long before your wedding. Make sure to befriend you travel agent, the resort concierge or whoever can be a big help for you, get their personal numbers but don't hound them too much. Set up a joint bank account for all the wedding expenses.
2. Keep a tight budget. Settle on how much you can afford and stick to it. There will be some unexpected expenses for sure, like tips, toll, extra guests (sometimes). You don't want to start out your marriage with a debt.
3. Keep a very short guest list. This is not possible for all but it is the best way for you to save money. You may also choose to sponsor certain guests or just subsidize them, after all plane fare and lodging are very expensive. Try to avoid inviting little children as they will, especially in beach weddings, be very difficult to control once they see the inviting water.
4. Keep it simple. You have to, the surroundings are what you came there for anyway. Keep the bridal gown simple as having a destination wedding usually means outdoor and outdoor means strong winds and dust. Having a long entourage just keeps you and your guests in the sun much longer than you might want. Keep the program simple, often a simple program is the most entertaining. Guests will want to mingle and will tend to work themselves into little groups and into one of the cozy spots you loved about your destination wedding.
5. Don't forget to have fun. At the end of the day no matter how well prepared you are, things that can go wrong will go wrong, but its okay, you just got married in your dream location and the best part is, you're already at your honeymoon.